Associate Professor, MSc in EE, PhD, dr. habil.
- H-1117 Budapest, Magyar tudósok krt. 2. Building I, room B421
- majzik [at] mit.bme.hu
Istvan Majzik graduated in Electrical Engineering in 1992. He holds a PhD degree from the Budapest University of Technology and Economics, where he is an associate professor at the Dept. of Measurement and Information Systems. His main research interests are software verification and dependable computing with special focus on safety critical systems. He regularly serves in the program committees of international conferences in the field. In 2012 he acted as technical program committee co-chair for the Symposium on Reliable Distributed Systems (SRDS). He was at BUTE the principal investigator of the SAFEDMI, AMBER, MOGENTES and R3-COP European projects (FP7 and ARTEMIS), as well as leader of several national research and development projects. He has 10 years of experience in software assessment of railway control systems. He has published over 80 papers in international journals, conferences and workshops.
Honors and Awards
- 2003-2006: Bolyai János Research Fellowship from the Hungarian Academy of Sciences
- 1998-2001: Bolyai János Research Fellowship from the Hungarian Academy of Sciences
- 1991: Scholarship of the Hungarian Republic
5 Selected Publications
- I. Majzik, A. Pataricza and A. Bondavalli: Stochastic Dependability Analysis of System Architecture Based on UML Models. In R. de Lemos, C. Gacek and A. Romanovsky (eds.): Architecting Dependable Systems, LNCS-2667, Springer Verlag, Berlin, 2003, pp 219-244
- G. Huszerl, I. Majzik, A. Pataricza, K. Kosmidis, M. Dal Cin: Quantitative Analysis of UML Statechart Models of Dependable Systems. The Computer Journal, Vol. 45, No. 3, pp. 260-277, British Computer Society, 2002.
- Zs. Pap, I. Majzik, A. Pataricza: Checking General Safety Criteria on UML Statecharts. U. Voges (editor): Computer Safety, Reliability and Security (Proc. 20th Int. Conference, SAFECOMP-2001, Budapest, Hungary, September 25-27, 2001), pp 46-55, LNCS-2187, Springer Verlag, 2001.
- D. Latella, I. Majzik, M. Massink: Automatic Verification of UML Statechart Diagrams using the SPIN Model-Checker. Formal Aspects of Computing, 1999, volume 11, number 6, pages 637-664, Springer Verlag
- I. Majzik, W. Hohl, A. Pataricza, V. Sieh: Multiprocessor Checking Using Watchdog Processors. International Journal of Computer Systems - Science & Engineering, September 1996, volume 11, number 5, pages 125-132