- Building I, Floor 4, Room IB.420. H-1117 Budapest, XI. Magyar tudósok krt. 2.
- pataric [at] mit.bme.hu
Prof. András Pataricza graduated in Electrical Engineering, holds a DsC. degree from the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, and a Dr-habil. from BUTE. Since 1994 he leads the Fault-Tolerant Systems Research Group of the Department of Measurements and Information Systems. He served twice as visiting professor at the University of Erlangen in Germany and received multiple recognition awards from different scientific and industrial organizations. Since 2006 he is a visiting professor at the IBM Budapest CAS (Center of Advanced studies). He has acted as technical leader and/or advisor to many international scientific projects and EU scientific research programs. He has published over 130 papers in international journals, conferences and workshops in the field of Dependable Computing, Embedded System and Model-Driven Engineering. He was the general chair of the Annual 43th IEEE/IFIP International Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks (DSN 2013).
- Safety-ritical embedded systems
- Time-triggered systems
- Big Data
- Data visualization
- Application to engineering domains
- Model checking
- Fault analysis
- Autonomous management
- Cloud services
- Service-oriented architecture
Honors and awards
- 2012: Honorary Award for tutoring young talents, National Talent Support Council
- 2011: Award of Excellence, Press of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences
- 2009: Honorary Silver Medal, National Council of Students Research
- 2006: Kalmár László Award, John von Neumann Computer Society
- 2003, 2004, 2005, 2013: IBM Faculty Award, IBM Research
- 2003: HP Professorial Fellowship, HP Hungary
- 2001: Compaq Professorial Fellowship, Compaq Hungary
- 2001: Honorary Medal, Veszprém Regional Center of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences
- 1998: School Founding Master Tutor, National Council of Students Research
- 1998: András Fáy Prize, Fáy Foundation of the Hungarian National Savings Bank
- 1998: Honorary Diploma for Tutoring a "Pro Scientia" Gold Medal Winner, National Council of Student Research
- 1997-2001: Széchenyi Professorship, Minister of Education
5 selected publications
- Neeraj Suri, Arshad Jhumka, Martin Hiller, András Pataricza, Shariful Islam, Constantin Sârbu: "A software integration approach for designing and assessing dependable embedded systems". Journal of Systems and Software 83(10): 1780-1800 (2010)
- Pintér, G., Madeira, H., Vieira, M., Majzik, I., and Pataricza, A., "Integration of OLAP and Data Mining for Analysis of Results from Dependability Evaluation Experiments", INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT STUDIES, vol. 2, issue 4, pp. 480 - 498, 2008.
- Pap, Z., Majzik, I., Pataricza, A., and Szegi, A., "Methods of Checking General Safety Criteria in Uml Statechart Specifications", RELIABILITY ENGINEERING & SYSTEM SAFETY, vol. 87, issue 1, pp. 89 - 107, 2005.
- M. Ferenczi, A. Pataricza, and L. Rónyai, editors. "Formal Methods in Computing". Akadémiai Kiadó, 2005.
- Varró, D., and Pataricza, A., "Generic and Meta-Transformations for Model Transformation Engineering", Proc. UML 2004: 7th International Conference on the Unified Modeling Language, vol. 3273, Lisbon, Portugal, Springer, pp. 290–304, October 10–15, 2004.