This web site is the primary source of the official information related to the English speaking version of the System Modelling course. (For information on the Hungarian speaking course please visit its own site.)
The focus of the course is a model based approach for the development of information systems. The target audience are software engineering (B.Sc. in Engineering Information Technology) students in their 2nd semester.
- every week on Thursday 10-12 AM in I.B413
- bi-weekly on Friday 10-12 AM, first time on the 24th February
- in I.B145
- Attendance is mandatory, it will be checked every time.
- Some trainings will start with an optional test. You may attend the training, even if you fail the test. (It is not a mandatory entry test.)
- The results of the entry tests will be published continuously. The maximum points for a test are 2, "NJM" means "not attended".
- Two mid-term exams (on the 30th March, and on the 11th May, Thursdays 8-10)
- Re-sit of one mid-term (if necessary): during the repetition week
- The mid-term exam consists of multiple choice tests and constructive tasks.
- State based modelling (with the tool Yakindu), individual task for each student
- Electronic submission, mandatory oral defence
- Optional re-submission (if necessary): during the repetition week
Calculation of the Final Grade
- Attendance at the trainings: at least 4 trainings (out of the 6)
- Both mid-term exams: Passed entry test AND at least "satisfactory" end result (over 40%)
- Home assigment: submission, oral defence, with at least "satisfactory" result (over 40%)
- The results of the mid-term exams give 35-35% of the final grade. The result of the home assigment gives 30% of the final grade.
Final grade can be rised with extra points (if already over 40%)
- for optional extra tasks during the semester
- for optional preparatory home assignment
- for regular preparation for the trainings (look for the optional tests at the trainings)
- Grading will be made with the tresholds 40, 55, 70 and 85 points (out of the 100 points + extra points)
- We will upload lecture slides and training tasks for the students of the course
Check here (or look for the word "Course Materials" under "System Modelling" in the menu)
- and look for the heading: "Félév: 2017. tavasz" (meaning "Semester: Spring 2017", sorry for the Hungarian template)